Friday, September 30, 2011

Above and Beyond - I'm Weak in the Knees


I can safely attribute my current infatuation with the electronic dance scene to Above & Beyond.  Back in 2010, I witnessed Tony, Paavo, and Jono control the hearts of 60,000 people on the main stage at Electric Daisy Carnival.  Not many acts of any kind can make a crowd feel as connected to each other and to the performers as Above & Beyond did that night.  Also, they completely blew Armin out of the water who had the unfortunate duty of playing afterwards.



They boys of A&B recently announced they will be releasing the 9th volume of their iconic Anjunabeats series in November.  Considering that I've listened to Volume 8 all the way through (that's two discs, mind you) at least 20 times, I'm giddy to say the least.  According to the announcement, the compilation will include "predominantly unreleased" material.  I'm hoping they include the new Mat Zo and Arty collaboration they dropped at Electric Zoo.  The last Mat Zo - Arty collab, Rebound, is still a staple of my trance sets and continues to wreck dance floors all over 6 months after its release.  Keep an eye on this one, it's gonna be big.

You can check out the full announcement here: Anjunabeats Volume 9 Announcement

In honor of the announcement, here are a few new uplifters from some Anjunabeats artists.  Enjoy responsibly.

Mark Eteson Feat. Audrey Gallagher - Breathe On My Own (Daniel Kandi Remix)
When I wake up in the morning, i roll over, open my laptop, and put on this song.  I'm a trance nerd what about it.

Mat Zo - Frequency Flyer
Mat Zo is one of Anjuna's prodigy kids.  He's a motherfucking wunderkind.  This is his new single which just got its release on the label.

Jaytech - New Vibe
I'll admit, I never really liked Jaytech much.  But the chord progression on this one is tasty nom nom nom.

If you like this kind of music, check out Above and Beyond's Trance Around The World podcast.  2 hours of trancey goodness each and every week of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment