Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Rave Bear at Electric Zoo



I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce a good friend of mine, the rave bear, who will be accompanyinng me on this journey to uncover and share dilectable electronic songs.  Hopefully he'll be joining me on trips to raves and clubs and festivals far into the future.  Recently, we found ourselves on Randall's Island in new york surrounded by college kids and guidos all raging on mdma to a ridiculously stacked lineup of dance music vets and new comers, including the likes of Armin, D Guetta, Tiesto, Afrojack, A&B, Porter Robinson, Rusko, Calvin Harris, Moby, Sidney Samson, Fake Blood, Jack Beats... the list goes on and on.  The rave bear and I had an great time to say the least.  Considering how good the lineup was, we had to get there early every day and dance late into the evening, and I rarely stopped jumping.  Unfortunately, I know have shin splints.  But it was well fucking worth it.  After much discussion, the rave bear and I have decided that these were our favorite (and oftentimes most overplayed) songs of the festival.

Arty - Kate

Dada Life - Happy Violence

Alesso vs. Coldplay - Fix You(r) Pressure (East and Young Mashup)

Alesso and Sebastian Ingrosso - Calling

Porter Robinson - Unison

Unleash The Scary Side - Felguk Mashup

No comments:

Post a Comment