Wednesday, November 9, 2011

For Those Who Left Too Soon



First of all I want to apologize for the lack of posts lately, I've been really busy and a little depressed.  In that spirit I've decided to throw up some songs that veer on the darker side, along with this Andrew Bayer music video.  Andrew Bayer orginially wrote "From The Earth" as an ode to his brother who passed away.  His emotion is palpable throughout, which I find pretty incredible given that electronic music as a medium does not generally lend itself to expressing sadness.  I believe the music video truly does justice to the heart that was so clearly poured into the song.  In addition to this video I've posted the Breakfast remix below, which has been a staple in Above & Beyond's sets for over a year.  One of the most beautiful trance songs I've ever heard, give it a listen.

I've also posted the Bart Claessen remix of Teardrop by Massive Attack, which adds sweeping chords and airiness to a dark edm classic.  It is absolute fire.  Enjoy, keep calm and carry on.

Andrew Bayer - From The Earth (Breakfast Remix)

Massive Attack - Teardrop (Bart Claessen and Tom Fall Bootleg)



No comments:

Post a Comment