Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Put Your Hands Up For New York



I'm a bit behind on this post, I was recently uprooted from California and have yet to settle back down in New York where I'll be for the next four months.  Luckily living in New York means I'll be able to catch a bunch of sick shows, including Dada Life, Above & Beyond, and an epic night at Pacha with Zedd, 12th Planet and Skrillex on the bill all in the next month.  Keep an eye out for some reviews and the like.


Anyways, here are some songs I've been bopping too lately.  Enjoy.

As promised, Zedd's newest release on OWSLA is here.  Its definitely closer to Shave It than Stars Come Out which I know some people don't want to hear, but in terms of inovation and funk-nastiness, this song is epic.  Give it a full listen before you decide to write it off.

I always love to hear an unreleased Avicii track, particularly when the HQ version comes out before I've even heard a preview.  This is a treat.

The winner of A&B's recent remix competition, this track brings the type of dubstep swag I hope will come in and save the genre from its decent into grimey decay.  California dubstep outfit Seven Lions maintains the smooth beauty of the original while adding some gut-busting bass and vocal chops to create a masterpiece.  Keep an eye on this dude, I'm expecting big things.

Seven Lions Bonus:
Above & Beyond presents Oceanlab - Satellite (Seven Lions Remix)

New Crizzly.  Jah please.

-Thieves




No comments:

Post a Comment